SCARF is seeking a part time volunteer support officer to develop and maintain volunteer resources to support the smooth delivery of SCARF’s programs and services.
The position provides coordination and consultation for all volunteer functions and provides support, resources and tools to staff who supervise volunteers. The volunteer support officer will provide the relevant volunteer induction, training and general support that underpins the effective operation of all volunteer programs activity. They will also be responsible for leading volunteer retention and recognition activities, and for coordinating volunteer communications.
ABOUT THE JOB
Based in Wollongong this part time (22.5 hrs per week) role is offered to December 2021 with the possibility of extension. Remuneration includes SCHADs Level 4 salary plus pre-tax packaging options.
The Volunteer Support Officer is responsible for:
• Identification, recruitment, assessment, placement, induction, and ongoing support of SCARF volunteers
• Support program managers and their volunteer teams across SCARF programs areas of social inclusion, education and employment support, and fundraising
• Enhancing our volunteer recruitment and retention programs
We are seeking a highly motivated professional and you will ideally possess:
• relevant tertiary qualifications
• at least 3 years’ experience working with volunteers
• experience coordinating volunteer development including reward and recognition programs
• understanding of human resource practices including interviewing, induction, supervision, support, and training
• demonstrated understanding of WHS, Privacy and Child Protection legislation
• excellent rapport building and relationship management skills
• ability to facilitate, maintain and manage good working relationships between staff, volunteers, stakeholders and with refugee community members
• Strong organisational and time management skills with a capacity to manage own tasks and priorities effectively with minimal supervision.
You must have or be able to obtain a current National Police and Working with Children Clearance.
Initial enquiries may be directed to Ian Jarman on 0413 693 846 or at email@example.com
To apply please email a copy of your CV with a covering application letter addressing how you specifically meet the required qualifications, experience, skills & attributes.
The position description can be found here.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 am Monday 23 November 2020.
Interviews for short listed candidates to be held Tuesday 1 December.