SCARF is seeking a part-time person-centred family case worker to join our team.
SCARF Refugee Support is a volunteer-powered community organisation that supports people from refugee backgrounds settling in the Illawarra by creating connections and generating opportunities to build a sense of belonging; promote inclusion; and empower individuals and families to lead independent lives.
ABOUT THE JOB
SCHADS Award L4 Part Time (28 hrs p/wk) to June 2021 with the possibility of extension.
The Family Case Worker is responsible for:
- coordinating referrals and requests for assistance (triage)
- providing case managed support to SCARF community members and their families assessed as having complex needs or requiring additional supports.
- supporting the allocation and delivery of services provided by trained SCARF volunteers across SCARF programs such as befriending, tutoring and employment support.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional and you will ideally possess:
- relevant tertiary qualifications (Human Services, Psychology, Social Work, Welfare)
- experience in providing compassionate casework support to people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and/or who have experienced complex trauma
- ability to develop policies & procedures to improve client outcomes
- high level interpersonal and communication skills
- excellent rapport building and relationship management skills
- ability to facilitate, maintain and manage good working relationships between staff, volunteers, stakeholders and with refugee community members
- strong organisational and time management skills with a capacity to manage own tasks and priorities effectively with minimal supervision.
You must have or be able to obtain a current National Police and Working with Children clearance.
Download the position description here
To apply please email a copy of your CV with a covering application letter addressing how you specifically meet the required qualifications, experience, knowledge & skills.
Initial enquiries may be directed to Pippa Rendel on 02 4224 8646 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by COB Thursday 24 September 2020.